Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lefty Gets Social

I've joined Twitter and Facebook in hopes of connecting with more like minded lefties. Since deciding that a left handers museum is the thing I'd like to create for the world, I've been wondering just how to start. I've been following all the power lefties on Twitter, which has been somewhat inspiring. I've been watching Oprah's LifeClass and participating in that somewhat. I've liked all the left handed things there are to like on Facebook. So far, I like Twitter much more than Facebook. Although Facebook has allowed me to connect with some friends I haven't seen or spoken to in years, I like the quick pace of Twitter. It almost seems more satisfying to interact and socialize there. Maybe Facebook will be better when I have more friends there. 
I guess I feel like there has to be more I can be doing to get support for the museum. I was thinking of starting Left Handers History Month, and making it the month of April, to mark the birth of Leonardo. In my research, I have not found that such a history month exists, so why shouldn't I start one?
I've connected with another lefty-obsessed person on Twitter. His name is Rik Smits and he wrote a book about lefties. Rik Smit's book He also has a web site dedicated to lefty history and his studies. Rik Smit's site
The only problem is that he Tweets in Dutch...
Well, maybe I'll try posting to my blog more often and sharing the links. I guess it can't hurt to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment